Things to do on Long Island
If you're looking for a list of things to do on Long Island during your stay, look no further. We're within minutes from many fun neighborhoods, top-notch restaurants, and exciting nightlife. Enjoy your stay at Four Points Melville Long Island after a full day of exploring.
- Briarcliffe College
- Broadway Mall
- Citi Field Stadium
- Five Towns College
- Grumman Studios
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Jones Beach State Park
- La Guardia Airport (LGA)
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP)
- Mall at The Source
- New York Institute of Technology
- The Paramount Theater
- Walt Whitman Mall
- Yankee Stadium
How To Get Here
- Briarcliffe College - (5 mi.)
Briarcliffe College is a career-focused institution of higher learning that provides quality education and support services to a diverse student population
- Five Towns College - (7 mi.)
Great college for individuals looking to pursue business, music, performing arts, media, and education.
- New York Institute of Technology - (9 mi.)
A global, private institution of higher education, NYIT has 13,000 students on campuses in North America, China, the Middle East, and online.
- Long Island Wine Country - Don't miss out on Long Island Wine Country, home to a variety wineries and vineyards, with some as close as 30 minutes away.
- Cultural Arts Playhouse - (2 mi.)
Visit the local theater and enjoy a night watching an off-Broadway production whether it's by their professional adult production or children’s theater performance.
- Adventureland - (3 mi.)
Visit this family-friendly theme park and enjoy assorted thrill, kiddie, and water rides. Break up the day by testing your luck at our variety of arcade games or browse around our gift stores.
- Bethpage State Park - (4 mi.)
Enjoy the great outdoors by taking a day trip to Bethpage State Park, you will not be disappointed. Enjoy spending the time with family or friends playing a round of golf, playing tennis, horseback riding hiking, biking, trail walking, picnicking, grilling, and much more! During the winter, spend your hours cross-country skiing or sledding.
- Jones Beach State Park - (7 mi.)
Jones Beach consists of 6.5 miles of picturesque white sand beaches on the Atlantic Ocean. The park is designed on the theme of an ocean liner, Jones Beach offers many activities to those who visit the park. They swim in the ocean, stroll the boardwalk, fish, visit an historic exhibit, get a bite to eat at one of the many concession stands, play miniature golf, pitch-putt golf, shuffleboard and basketball, attend concerts at the Nikon at Jones Beach Theater or learn about the marine environment at the Theodore Roosevelt Nature Center.
- Long Island Children's Museum - (14.5 mi.)
LICM is a hands-on museum for kids and their grown-ups. You’ll find places for your kids to play, learn and have fun. Spend some quality time with your kids and book our Long Island Children's Museum hotel package.
- Citi Field (Home of New York Mets) - (24 mi.)
The open-air ballpark features seating for up to 45,000 fans. Each seat has an amazing view of the field for prime viewing. The park features amazing ballpark cuisine from a variety of sit down restaurants, as well as, popular eats such as Shake Shack, Blue Smoke, Keith's Grill, El Verano Taqueria, Nathan's, and more.
- The Paramount Theater - (6.9 mi.) Enjoy comedy shows, music, and special events at one of the biggest concert venues in Plainview. Check out some of your favorite artists while visiting.
- Grumman's Studios - (4.7 mi.) Explore "Hollywood of the East". Grumman's Studios is located in the heart of Long Island's Nassau County and is now the place to go for all film and television production needs.
- Walt Whitman Mall - (2 mi.)
Fabulous shops offer an array of shopping options from fine jewelry to women’s apparel to fashionable shoes. Shop to your heart's desire at fabulous stores such as Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue. Can't shop on an empty stomach? Don't fret, Walt Whitman Mall has you covered. Guests can choose from any number of restaurants such as Brio Tuscan Grille, California Pizza Kitchen, The Cheesecake Factory, Legal Sea Foods, P.F. Chang's, Panera Bread and Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar, and more.
- Tanger Outlets at the Arches - (12 mi.)
With over 95 shops, dining and a Regal Cinemas, enjoy amazing deals and discounts at the Tanger Outlets in Deer Park, NY. Take advantage of our convenient access to the outlets and book our Tanger Outlet hotel package.